Saturday 9 June 2012

Not Long Now

We went for our last scan today. Nothing had changed since the last one & they were happy with all they saw, so we continue with the plan set out last time. This means that early Monday morning (7am) we will be heading up to Skejby to give birth to our little bundle. The exact method of inducing me has not been decided yet as it depends on how "ready" my body is for birth. They are however in no rush to get it over & done with & have told us that although we start the process on Monday it may be a day or so before anything starts to happen. Even then, as long as I & the baby are OK they will just let things progress at it's own pace. Apparently there is no extra risk or stress for the baby during labour due to the heart condition than a healthy baby. I am feeling a little more at peace with the whole induction situation now & am looking forward to meeting Baby Bob  & starting the next stage of this journey.

I also mentioned in my last post the concern I had as to the short time Joshua & my parents had to get to know each other. I am happy to report that they are getting on well & Joshua loves playing with them. So I thank you for your prayers in this matter. There is however a little bit of a problem with language. Although Joshua completely understands English 100% (& probably could talk it too), he will only talk Danish. This of course is causing a fair bit of frustration on both sides. Please pray that Joshua will realise his need to use English & that my parents will be able to figure out what he is trying to tell them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ally and Tom,

    I guess that it's about now that you'll be going to the hospital to be induced. You guys are in my prayers and I look forward to hearing more about "Bob" when he/she arrives later today.

    God bless you all,
    Ben.

    ReplyDelete